Brent Berg has over fifteen years’ experience in mining management and development. Prior to joining Florence Copper as its General Manager in April 2020, Brent worked for Excelsior Mining Corp. as its Vice President Sustainability, Health & Safety, and spent over twenty years at Cameco Corporation in various roles including President, Cameco Resources where he was responsible for oversight of their U.S. operations in Wyoming and Nebraska.
As Florence Copper’s General Manager, Brent leads the Florence Copper team to create a safe, motivated, and productive environment.He closely collaborates with the local community, regulatory authorities, and key stakeholders.
Brent is a Professional Engineer with a B.A.Sc. in Regional Environmental Systems Engineering from the University of Regina and an MBA from the University of Regina.Currently, he is a board member for the Arizona Mining Association.
As a resident of Pinal County, Brent and his family take advantage of the many opportunities for hiking and golfing; however, he is also passionate about hockey and coached several of his son’s youth teams.
- B.A.Sc. Regional Environmental Systems Engineering, University of Regina
- MBA, University of Regina
- General Manager, 2020 – Present, Florence Copper Inc.
- Vice President Sustainability, Health & Safety, 2019 – 2020 – Excelsior Mining Corp.
- President, Cameco Resources, 2013 – 2019 – Cameco Corporation
- General Manager, East Central WY, 2011 – 2013 – Cameco Corporation
- Director, Environmental Leadership, 2010 – 2011 – Cameco Corporation
- Manager, Program Development, 2007 – 2010 – Cameco Corporation
- Arizona Mining Association (current)
- Wyoming Mining Association (past)
- Wyoming Business Alliance (past Steering Committee member)
- World Nuclear Association (past Uranium Mines Standardization Working Group co-chair)
- Mining Association of Canada (past Towards Sustainable Mining company rep)
- Professional Engineer (Assoc. of Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of SK)
- Project Management Professional (Project Management Institute)